11 June 2010

the ole phishin' line

Got a good laugh this morning when I received the following message on Facebook:

Subject: Frank Moore

Dear ,

I am Barrister Amed Dogbe, personal attorney to Late Mr J.C Moore, a national of your country,Who died in a motor accident along Kpalime express Road and left some huge amount of money with a bank here in Lome Togo West Africa, valued at US$3.5 million dollars. I have contacted you to assist me.please call me ( +228-9177735 )
Reply to my Private email adresse for more details./
( dogbe203@hotmail.fr )

Mr. Amed Dogbe.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU HE WILL GIVE U SUCCESS.


Once I stopped laughing, I decided to check the name (Amed Dogbe) against known scams and it seems that I'm a victim of a bleeding edge phisher. Yay for me!

Anyway, I reported the scammer to Facebook. But I thought that I'd post this so that other people can be aware of the name.

No comments: