Here's how it shapes up for them. Out of their remaining 40 games, they play 22 at home. Not too bad for a team that's won 73% of its home games this year.
Their opponents over their last 40 games are:
- Toronto Blue Jays, 12 games, 6 at home, 6 in Toronto. Sox are 2-4 against the Jays this year.
- Baltimore Orioles, 6 games, 3 at home, 3 in Baltimore. Sox are 7-5 against the O's this year.
- New York Yankees, 6 games, 3 at home, 3 in New York. Sox are 6-6 against the Yankees this year.
- Texas Rangers, 3 games in Texas. Sox are 7-0 against the Rangers this year.
- Tampa Bay Rays, 6 games, 3 at home, 3 in Tampa. Sox are 6-6 against the Rays this year.
- Cleveland Indians, 4 games at home. Sox are 2-0 against the Indians this year.
Interesting note about Toronto, the Red Sox will play the Jays on back-to-back weekend serieses twice over the remaining 7 weekends of the year. So, if you're a Sox fan, you'll know all about the Blue Jays come October.